Thursday, July 30, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

"Years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices. He seemed a student like any other. His name was Tom Riddle. Today, the world knows him by another name: Voldemort." - Albus Dumbledore

I went and saw this by myself on opening day in South Bend while Nick was out to dinner with his coworkers. As you all know I LOVE everything Harry Potter so I had very high expectations. To my surprise, the movie came off as a bit of a comedy rather than the seriousness in which I thought was right for the story.

I had hoped with the first several movies that they would be more light-hearted and funny, utilizing Peeves the poltergeist and Fred & George Weasely's natural humor which JK Rowling wrote so well. Instead those movies focused on Harry Potter's natural importance and his adventures without much humor included.

Then, in the movie where Dumbledore dies and the extent of Voldemort's darkness is revealed, they decide to focus more on the awkward romance of teens and the humor that naturally brings. Although well-done, the trailer makes the movie look much more intense than it actually is. Definitely not my favorite movie of the series but I would definitely recommend you see it in theaters. I plan to go see it again in IMAX with my dad when I get back to Houston.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home